A New Year’s resolution to diet is all about what you can’t eat and is no fun to stick with if you’re left feeling deprived. Banish the “D” word this year, and instead resolve to eat more farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and meat free of antibiotics and hormones. We want to make it easy to eat well in the New Year by launching our Good Food Made Simple Contest: Eat Healthy, Feel Good. Each week, we’ll introduce you to three great-tasting recipes that will help you feel healthier, save money and time, or introduce you to something new. All you have to do is add any or all of these recipes to your planner at the Kitchen to win an entry into our contest. Along with vibrant health, here’s what you could win to help you achieve your goals in 2013:
- Grand prize: 6 months of free Bitty boxes ($650 value)
- First prize: Wusthof classic knife set ($300 value)
- Second prize: Breville juicer ($130 value)
- Third prize: America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook ($30 value)
To enter for a chance to win, just add any of these tasty recipes that feature nutrient-packed superfoods, like blueberries, kale, tomatoes, nuts, oats, and quinoa. Add all of these recipes for three chances to win.
1. Coconut Curried Squash with a Quinoa Pilaf: This easy-to-cook main or side dish satisfies with protein-rich quinoa, beta-carotene-filled butternut squash, and good-fat-packed nuts and olive oil.
2. Super Duper Smoothie: Get a shot of superfoods in this delish smoothie you make in minutes with kale, blueberries, oats, and almond milk.
So what are you waiting for? Add these recipes to your planner now, and you’ll be closer to achieving your health goals and feeling fantastic. And be on the lookout for next week’s three featured delicious recipes – and three more chances to win. Viva la resolutions!